Angel Johnson is the CEO and Founder of ICONI, a motivational activewear brand for men and women. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from The Citadel and a Master’s degree from the American Military University. Angel served in the United States Air Force for eight years, and it was during this time that she developed the idea for her business. She launched the ICONI leggings in 2019, and the brand has been featured in Women’s Health Magazine, People Magazine, and O, The Oprah Magazine. 10% of ICONI’s profits are donated to nonprofit organizations to help make a difference in the world, one legging at a time.
Today, Angel joins me to share the story of her ICONI leggings company and the moment that inspired her to start the company. She reveals some of the challenges of starting a clothing line and which sales channels she uses to sell her products. She provides information on Amazon support resources and explains why she chose to sell through their platform. Angel also discusses what made her decide to give back from the beginning of her business, the nonprofits partners she works with, and what she loves about being an entrepreneur.
“If you’re doing good in the world and good things are happening to you, make sure you don’t forget about people.” – Angel Johnson
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The inspiration behind the ICONI athleisure wear brand
- How Angel came up with the name ICONI
- The challenges of starting a clothing business
- Sales channels Angel uses to sell her leggings
- Support services from Amazon that helped Angel in her business
- Why Angel chose to list on Amazon
- How ICONI made it onto the Oprah’s Favorite Things list
- How being a veteran has affected the business
- Nonprofit partners that ICONI works with
- Why Angel wanted to give back from the start of the business
- What Angel loves about entrepreneurs
- A new product line coming from ICONI
Connect with Angel Johnson:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!