As a new era empowers collegiate sports, Marquette University’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is pleased to announce a new partnership with leading NIL advisory and education firm, Altius Sports Partners (Altius), to further bolster its athlete-driven NIL program. The best-in-class Altius NIL launch platform provides ongoing strategic guidance, consultation, and educational support in developing the school’s policy and initiatives benefitting all internal and external stakeholders.
“We are extremely excited about our partnership with Altius, our latest step in helping put Marquette student-athletes in a better position to take advantage of their respective name, image and likeness opportunities,” Vice President and Director of Athletics Bill Scholl said. “The NIL environment is constantly evolving and the relationship with Altius will assist our department in being versatile and adaptable moving forward.”
As NIL processes evolve, the partnership with ASP allows Marquette to be initiative-taking in the fast-changing ecosystem. The Altius team will provide student-athletes, coaches and staff with educational workshops and resources targeting crucial areas such as group licensing, marketing, branding, financial literacy, and recruiting. Moreover, Altius will assist in identifying and advising on emerging opportunities to support the school’s more than 300 student-athletes across 16 varsity sports.
An official partner of leading collegiate athletics departments and sports properties, Altius specializes in developing and managing programs around issues related to NIL. Through its industry-leading expertise, range of services and intellectual resources, the firm’s comprehensive approach fuels strategic vision, planning and collaboration ensuring that all participants can navigate structural change and succeed in the rapidly changing environment.
“Marquette’s commitment to provide the very best NIL education, resources, and opportunities to its athletes, coaches, and supporters is second to none. We are thrilled to collaborate with all Golden Eagle stakeholders and honored to support Marquette in proactively and successfully navigating this evolving era of college athletics in a manner reflective of the values of a world-class institution” said Altius Vice President of Collegiate Partnerships Andrew Donovan.
Altius will play a role in expanding and further developing the department’s existing NIL platform, MARQ-U, which is designed to prepare student-athletes to leverage their respective NIL.
Backed by operational leadership and a best-in-class client services team, the cross-disciplinary network of partners and advisory team members at Altius includes:
- Oliver Luck (Chairman, Altius Sports), sports business leader and former Commissioner of the XFL, EVP for Regulatory Affairs and Strategic Partnerships for the NCAA, and Athletic Director at West Virginia.
- John Entz, 14-time Emmy winner and former President of Production at Fox Sports, SVP at MLB Network and producer at ESPN.
- Gabe Feldman, Director of the Tulane Sports Law Program, Associate Provost for NCAA Compliance and Co-Director of Tulane Center for Sport.
- Renie Anderson, CRO and EVP, Partnerships at the NFL.
- David Carter, Executive Director of the USC Sports Business Institute, and a professor of sports business at USC’s Marshall School of Business.
- Jené Elzie, former Pac-12 athlete and current Chief Growth Officer for Athletes First Partners, sister company of Athletes First, the nation’s largest NFL talent agency.
- Michael O’Hara Lynch, former global head of sponsorship marketing at Visa, Inc. and global head of consulting at Nielson Sports, currently partner in 3 Emerald Marketing.
- Jessica Mendoza, former Pac-12 athlete and Olympic gold medalist is a broadcaster for ESPN.
- Kenneth Shropshire, CEO of the Global Sport Institute, and professor at Arizona State.
- Malcolm Turner, sports business executive and former Vice Chancellor and Athletics Director at Vanderbilt and President of the NBA G League.
About Altius Sports Partners
Altius is a leading firm that delivers consulting, strategic planning, compliance support and education to its clients. An official partner of leading collegiate athletic departments and sports properties, Altius provides strategic solutions on topics ranging from NIL to the shifting landscape of employment and media rights within college athletics. The firm currently represents athletics departments at Arizona, Clemson, Duke, Georgia, Indiana, LSU, Marquette, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northwestern, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Penn State, Purdue, South Carolina, USC, Tennessee, Texas, Villanova, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm has also partnered with Women Leaders in College Sports. Providing all stakeholders – athletics departments, coaches, and college athletes – with resources they need to thrive in the new age of college athletics, Altius leverages its deep reservoir of sports business sophistication to help those impacted to prepare and excel. We have built a team of cross-disciplinary leaders to reach higher levels of education, higher access to opportunities and higher standards of excellence.